Jean Kilbourne reveals the forces that pressure you into self doubt, fear, insecurity and limited perceptions of yourself. These forces fuel your eating disorder. Below is her fabulous video and six steps to free yourself.
1. Listen to the eating disorder messages in your mind.
2. Watch this fabulous video and listen to woman defining societal messages.
3. What overlap do you see in these messages?
4. What's left out in these definitions of you?
5. List your real qualities that are omitted.
6. Honor these qualities on a daily basis.
The list you made of your real qualities not defined by your eating disorder or by societal messages is a list of your affirmations. These are your goals. These are what need to be honored by you. Once you recognize false definitions of yourself you can wake up to your real presence. You can focus your energy on what's real to you that makes your life meaningful and joyful.
What did you discover about your eating disorder voice?
What did you discover that was missing from societal definitions of you?
What's on your self definition list now that you will make a priority in your life?