Inner Secret Discovery Questions
Do you have body sensations you do not understand?
Examples of such inexplicable experiences include:
- skin rashes
- cold chills
Do you feel you will faint on occasion?
Have you almost proven to yourself that it's not due to physical exercise, illness, PMS or menopause?
Are you often surprised at your own appearance?
- Do you sometimes feel invisible?
- Do you feel you can make yourself so unobtrusive that you feel you are practically invisible?
- Do you enter an invisible feeling when you are buying binge foods or eating them?
Are you attracted to people who betray you?
Do you feel you are wrong and apologize when someone hurts you?
Do you sometimes think you are special?
Do you get angry when others will not alter plans for you?
Do you sometimes or often think it is your lot in life to suffer?
Do you regularly feel lonely, incompetent and fragile in a harsh world?
- Do you feel that this is the real you and you must guard against anyone knowing it?
- Do you feel extremely moved, surprised and grateful when someone shows you a small consideration or appreciation?
Do you work excessively to achieve cultural prizes like money, degrees, status, adulation, perfect body - all without satisfaction?
If you try to relax do you feel unbearable anxiety and not know what to do with yourself?
Do you lead a double life?
Do you keep information and activities hidden from others?
- sexual liaisons
- roles you play in different areas in your life
- future plans
- sexual practices
- hobbies and personal interests
Do you lie regularly?
Do you lie when you don't have a reason, and you don't know why you are lying?
Do you have a regular habit of pushing the same ideas or information out of your mind because you know you don't want to ever think about them?
Do you regularly postpone to the point of not doing an activity at all?
Do you postpone doing activities where you know in your mind that you could probably do well, but you are too nervous to get started?
Examples of this can include:
- sending out a completed job application.
- sending out a completed school application.
- calling someone who might be a mentor for you.
- taking an adult education class in something you think might be fun or interesting.
- Saying yes to an invitation to submit an idea or piece of work which, if accepted, would bring you into contact with new people in a new and challenging setting.
Do these questions make you anxious?
If you answer, "yes," to many of these questions you may have a secret from yourself. If you are angry or frightened that these questions exist, you have a secret from yourself. If you feel anxiety thinking about these questions, you have a secret from yourself.
If you are curious and anxious at the same time, you are on the threshold of discovery. Your curiosity can keep you on the healing path.
If you have read these questions and want some genuine answers to questions you have about yourself, despite any anxiety you may feel, you are already on your Triumphant Journey.
In the Secret Discovering Exercises section of Triumphant Journey and the accompanying Action Plan you will find a way to discover what your secrets are as you simultaneously develop the necessary strength to face them. This is the healing journey that can lead to personal triumph.